Thursday, August 18, 2005

You Mamas Know What I'm Talkin' About

I have to vent. I was going to let this go, but it really bothered me. I don't want to dwell on it in front of the boy, but I gotta get it out of my brain.

Yesterday J-boy came home from school a little quiet which is out of character for him. After school it's my habit to sit and the dining room table to while the boys play in the living room. I take that time to go through the backpack and check out the gazillion papers they send home each day. It gives the boys an opening to talk to me even if it's just about nothing at all. While I was going through the piles of papers, I found a really cool card made my boy and asked him to tell me about it. He said he made it for me and Papa in school.

Then he got all teary eyed.

It seems a classmate told him it was the "worstest" card she'd ever seen. She told him that the inside of the card (where his picture was pasted) was ugly. He told me that it "hurt his heart way deep down inside". I was able to do some damage control without actually calling this MONSTER any names I couldn't take back. You know it's not the fact the little shit didn't like the card, but rather the hurtful way in which she told him so. Where does a child learn to be so mean and hateful at such a young age?

It took everything I had to NOT go hunt this girl down and pull a little Hand-That-Rocks-The-Cradle action on her malevolent ass. No, I'm NOT handling this in a mature, adult fashion. When you hurt my child all reason goes out the door and I go from zero to bitch in 60 seconds.

Tomorrow I'm going to have lunch with him so that I can check out the class, the set up and consider petty ways I can seek my revenge.

2 comments:

Kami said...

I wouldn't handle it well, either. Hmmm... What could you do to this little shit? Hmmm...

Kelly said...

It always surprises me when kids can be so mean. Like you said, where in the heck do they learn it? I do know what you mean - you go mommy!