Monday, August 01, 2005

25 More of 100 Things About Me

I started this list after Mama Duck created all 100 of her things in a new blog. I'm just not that organized or enlightened about myself because it's taken me months to get the next 25 things about me and the only new blog I've managed to create is this one and it's simply to compartmentalize my audience.

Anyway, here are some new tidbits I've discovered about myself. Maybe it will shed some light for you too.

...I still cry when I read The Velveteen Rabbit.

... My favorite game show is The Price is Right. It reminds me of my Gammy.

... My second grade teacher, Mr. Stamp, was killed in an auto-bicycle accident when I was in 4th grade.

...The best service I ever had at a restaurant was at Flores Bar & Grill in Oak Hill. The Anderson Lane location is outstanding too.

...I’m afraid of losing my mom.

...The best vacation I ever had was when we went to San Francisco right before J-boy was born. It was our last-for-awhile couple vacation.

...I order a chai vanilla latte at Starbucks. Yum! I want to try the Green Tea Frappachino.

...I wish I had gone to UT instead of St. Ed’s. I was accepted to UT, but I was too scared because it was such a big school. In the end everything turned out fine (except for those student loans, but don’t get me started on that) so I should have no regrets about it. But I do. Either way I’m glad I finished.

...I also cry at On Star commercials, but only the radio ones.

...I should read more. I really love to read.

...I’m really glad I’m married to my husband.

...I’ve been on a tour of Krispy Kreme, the Bluebell factory and the Ms. Baird’s bread factory on Airport (before it closed down).

...I want to visit New York City someday.

...I HATE it when solicitors leave paper fliers on my door or car windshield. I will NEVER buy from any business who uses that tactic (and yeah, I keep a list).

...My favorite movie is “Fools Rush In”. We watch it every time it comes on TBS. I love the scene when Matthew Perry goes to small family dinner and is mobbed by all the Mexicans. Just so you know, yeah, that IS how our family dinners look too.

...I’ve held a 3-year old child in my arms while paramedics removed a 1” metal brad from her ear canal. It was a student of mine, not my own child.

...When I was in college I wrote “A Woman’s Guide to Football” for my Technical Writing class. I got an A on the project and in the class.

...I can only wear New Balance athletic shoes. I spent years fighting this fact by purchasing Nike and damning my funky feet. When you’re a girl with wide, flat feet graced by bunions, you gotta go with what works. Oh, and I blame my dad for these feet.

...I traveled to Europe when I was 14. I went to visit a friend whose father was transferred to Belgium and we went to France, Germany and Luxemburg. It was fun, but I have no desire to return.

...I learned to make cheesecake from the book “Heartburn” by Nora Ephron. The book was later turned into a movie. Now I just buy cheesecake. The Cheesecake Factory is my favorite.

...I have two kids. Boys.

...Every Sunday morning I look for the Michael’s coupon first in the paper. I swear Papa steals it before I can get to it.

...If I were single, footloose and fancy free, I would be a news producer. I have no desire to report or be in front of the camera, but I love putting it all together and seeing the final result. Interesting people, thought-provoking work…lousy hours.

...My favorite dessert is Tres Leches Cake.

...I remember by events, songs and places, but not by years. I have to back out the memory and write down the year I think something took place.

Learn anything new?

No comments: