Friday, June 30, 2006

SPF: Truly Random And Odd

Yeah, I know, it's been awhile since I've played. Just think of it as an opportunity to build up the suspense. You're all a'twitter that you've happened upon my Stuff Portrait Friday today, aren't you. Okay, thanks to Kristine for hosting this this mind bender.

Today's assignment:

1. Something with a story behind it. Photograph something that has a story behind it. And yes, you might have to actually write a little bit on this one. Good, sad, funny, made-up….does it really matter? It IS the internet. Be creative.

2. A Random and Odd photo. Pick anything. A picture you’ve taken, one that you’ve found on the net. Doesn’t matter. I’m making the rules, so don’t tell me what your usual blogger tells you to do! For this picture, the reader on your blog needs to write a story or caption for your picture, so get something unique.

3. In keeping with the recurring wedding theme, a photo of something borrowed. This is pretty self-explanatory.

Something with a story behind it












This do-dad is something my father-in-law got for us years ago when we moved into our first house. I always thought it was a little odd, but Papa didn't want to get rid of it. Okay. It made it's way around the first house and we brought it to this house I managed to make it yard art.

Recently I went over to another mom's house and I saw the same do-dad. I asked her about it and she was so excited to tell me that they got it on some trip and how much she loved it. I didn't say I had one at home that I've been hiding because I loved it in her home and I didn't want to seem like a copy cat. Which I totally am in this case. So I came home that night and dug it out of the back yard, cleaned it up and gave it a prominent place in my living room. Papa made mention of the fact that the do-dad was back now that it had The Mommy Mark of Approval.

Damn straight.

A Random and Odd photo















So you tell me, what's the story behind this little guy?


A photo of something borrowed















The kids aren't borrowed. They're mine. It's not the tree that's borrowed either. It's the lights. Or rather the *idea* of the lights. My good friend, Di, gave me the idea of the holiday tree. Every month we switch out the lights to reflect whichever holiday is going on at that time. We have Peeps chicks for Easter, flags for Independence Day, flamingos and palm trees for June and bats for October.

Tell me you played!

-e

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Your yard art...I love mine! The kids got me one for christmas one year and mine is in my bedroom on my nightstand, along with a framed family pic..