Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fool Me Once

I understand mistakes happen in the business world. I get it. I can even be gracious and patient when correcting errors, some of which were due to just plain sloppiness. However, when I've called and asked very nicely for clarification and I am beyond kind considering it is the company's fault, do me a small favor and not be so surprised when I ask for confirmation of the correction. Case in point, my newspaper subscription. I get the your-subscription-is-up notice and I dutifully call in to renew. I asked for 26 weeks of one-day-a-week on Sunday. I even got a discount for paying up front. So I got the receipt in the mail and they applied the payment to the 7-day-a-week subscription.

*sigh*

So I call up and ask them what's the dill, pickle? Oopsie. They fix it and I ask for a confirmation. He tells me they don't do that. Really? You sent me a receipt for my initial payment why can't you send me a corrected one? Then he tells me that I can call back this afternoon to make sure it updated.

WTF?

Y'all messed up and I call your attention to it. For that I get the privilege of waiting on hold to follow up with you? Bah! Give me the kind of customer service my friend got. The store she was at forgot to give her her postage stamps. She called and they were so apologetic that they delivered the stamps to her. Now that's what I'm talking about.

-e

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What jerks. It's not too much to ask that they send a reciept so that you can balance your checkbook properly and make sure they really did charge you the right amount. Sheesh!