Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Musings From The Stream

I'm considering getting a Food Saver. I've been doing the coupon thing so in order to save on our grocery budget. Sometimes that means buying extra if something is on sale and this Food Saver thing is supposed to really help with keeping food fresh. I know all the coupon divas say this is the way to go, but I wonder if ziplock bags would work just a well?

*******

I was pondering the whole Star Wars at The View. I'm thinking this whole thing reeks of timing. She's a lawyer, it's all about strategy. Why in the world would she make announcement like that if she didn't have plan? I mean, she knew since the Emmy's that Rosie O'Donnell, her arch nemesis, was coming to The View. If Star had known "for months" as Baba Wawa says, then I'm betting Star does have an offer on the table for another gig. I smell an exclusive in the next few days. The View was hoping to be able to announce what Star would do next, but she's probably saving that for her new digs. That's what I'm thinking anyway.

*******

I want a digital SLR. I've been thinking about this for quite some time, but I can't decide *which* one. I've always been a Canon girl, but lately the Nikon holds some appeal. Enough so that I've delayed my purchase while I continue to ponder. Any feedback from the masses?

*******

I'm going to buy a new pair of "running" shoes. No, I'm not going to run, but I'm going to walk with the hope of running soon. I've been doing those Leslie Sansone DVD workouts, but I'm hoping to work my way up to running. I just feel like such a dork when I run that I'm intimidated to get out there without some training. I'm hoping to take a clinic at RunTex.

********

I think I'm going to buy the new Dixie Chick's CD. I'm don't care if they don't think they're country. Whatever they are I do like the new sound of their putting out and they live here in Austin so I feel like I'm supporting the local economy.

*******

I need to clean up around here since I'm having 18 women over tomorrow for Bunco and debauchery. Should be a grand time!

-e

3 comments:

Krisco said...

I agree with you on the Star Jones deal. I smell a grand plan and this looks like mongo publicity ploy....

Beth said...

Let me know how the whole foodsaver thing works if you get one. I want one too! Dixie chicks aren't country anymore? I am out of it.

Greta Adams said...

food saver is great...if you can remember to use it...unlike me....
I hate star jones