Saturday, June 03, 2006

Buyer's Remorse



Today we got the boys roller skates. Well, there those tennis shoes with wheels that pop out the bottom. We made sure they were outfitted with the safety equipment, but I'm still worried. And I have no idea why. I mean I remember fondly my tennis shoe roller skates. The were bad-ass and I was bad-ass on them. I could do the backwards skate, the leg cross over around the rink, hell, I could even squat down with one leg in front of me. None of these moves would have been possible without my own set of skates.

So we're good on health insurance come what may. The boys seem to be okay and I do want them to be active, that's the reason I agreed to buy the skates.

I'll let you know...

-e

3 comments:

CRRE said...

It's okay to worry. I'm worrying about stuff like that, too. Today at the park I saw McKinley swing high on the swingset for the first time. I broke out in a cold sweat.

When I was little, someone pushed me wrong and I thumped into the support bar of the swingset. I haven't done a swing since. And here I'm panicking at Mack swinging.

I turned my back and tried to forget what she was doing. She was wobbling a bit and I just couldn't watch any more.

(She was fine and jumped off a few minutes later to go do something else. I nearly cried with relief when I saw she was off the thing.)

Candy said...

*laugh* Jamie is just now figuring out how to ride a freaking bike WITH training wheels... roller skates? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Sheri & SuZan said...

Of course your going to worry, BUT they actually need the proprioceptive input for development.