Monday, June 12, 2006

Whew! All Is Well



We came though the surgery okay!

I have to say that CHOA is the best! If you're 'round these parts and have a choice, I highly recommend this facility. They really do their very best to make it as easy of experience as surgery can be for all involved. We took the Skippy Tour yesterday so we felt pretty well prepared and thought J got an idea of what to expect.

J chose cherry flavored "air" - the mask they give them to knock them out on the OR table. He got to play video games while waiting to go back for his surgery. We were the hospital at 6:00 a.m. and home by 1:30 p.m. I hope he'll recover more quickly in his own home. He seems to be pretty aware of his limitations so that's a good thing.

I'll keep you up to date.

-e




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor baby!

Nico was mess after his surgery. Took one whole week to feel better. Push the meds every 4 or better yet every 3 1/2 hours. Stay ahead of the pain. HUGS!

Dynila said...

Awww...

Glad he's home and you're ALL ok :-)

It's nice that he's not in one of those adult size beds, the ones that make them look even more tiny & frail than we feel they are...

Beth said...

YAY Glad he's home and ok, guess Monday was the day for surgery's

Candy said...

Awwww... glad he's home and well... I love the first one of him knocked out -- is that weird? Never mind, I'm gonna play with your number thing... I need to find a cheat.

CRRE said...

I'm glad the surgery went well. I second your opinion of Children's. When Mack had to be admitted under emergency conditions as a 1 year old, the staff were excellent with her and with Donald and me. I think they spent almost as much time calming us down as they did working on her -- and they did it graciously, not being all in a huff about it.

Cheryl said...

So glad to hear the surgery went well. You handled it much better than I do or will again. It definately is one of the hardest things you have to do for you kids. He sounds like such a trooper!

Oh, and I totally second your opinion on CHOA. I absolutely LOVE that place. Hopefully the new Dell Children's Center will be just as good or even better.