Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thirteen Thursday: Procrastination

Today is the day we offer up 13 things about ourselves in order to get to know one another a just a little bit better. Krisco started this line dance so head on over and let her know you played.

Thirteen things I'm procrastinating about:

1) Calling Papa's eye doctor and requesting a duplicate receipt for insurance. Easy enough, but it's a process. I've got to find out *which* doctor it it, find the number, call the office and request the receipt be mailed to us or I have to go pick it up....gas prices!.. when it would have been just as easy for Papa to get a receipt while he was there and put it in my "in" basket. I'm just sayin'.

2) The Critter's birthday was last month. In point of fact it was almost a month ago to the day. We put up a festive Happy Birthday flag to mark the occasion. It still flies today. I asked Papa to take it down, but I think I must accept it won't come down until I take it down.

3) Working on the Parent's Manual for next year. It's not hard, but I need to have thinking time and with interruptions every 10 minutes from the peanut gallery it's hard.

4) Finding a new dentist. I haven't been in almost 2 years because of a bad experience. I know I need to go, but the process of finding on and making an appointment is daunting enough to me that I keep putting it off.

5) Picking up Papa's shirts at the dry cleaners. He has a funeral tomorrow so I may need to get to steppin' on that one.

6) Updating the Scouts binders for the events we are in charge of this year. I still feel like I don't know what the heck I'm doing in this organization.

7) Taking the recycling in the kitchen out to the cart on the side of the house.

8) Calling people back who've left messages.

9) Getting together with the person who took over my PTA position to pass along this year's information.

10) Mopping the kitchen floor.

11) Getting back on my walking program (I got off track when J had surgery).

12) Taking in the desktop to get the DVR/CDR drive fixed.

13) Laundry.

Okay, take my list or feel free to make up your own. Catch y'all cats later!

-e

No comments: