Where have I been and where are my witty thoughts and contemplations I'm sure you're asking. So in the interest of time I'm going to combine my update with my Thirteen Thursday. Here are 13 things I've been up to the last few weeks.
1) Planning, organizing and implementing the PTA Teacher and Staff Appreciation Luncheon. I will address some of the horror in another post, but suffice it to say I'm glad it's over.
2) Doing all the administrative and accounting stuffola for summer and fall registration at my work. The end of the year is a butt kicker in my line of work. Everyone has questions and everyone expects me to have the answers. Riiiiight.
3) Getting my floors installed!! Woo hoo! That is actually what took me out of commission, blog wise, in the first place. It was a state of chaos in my home. BUT there were blessings galore with the whole installation process that made the inconvenience so worth it. First we got the flooring $.40/sqft cheaper than we expected. Papa and Special K were going to install it all on their ownsome, but Special K was going out of town for two weeks. Not to worry we'd live with concrete floors - and not that pretty, rustic kind of concrete either - until he came back. While we unloading the boxes some guy who was a friend of the guy my step father asked to come look at our floors (you following??) called Papa and asked if he still needed a quote. Papa said were unloading as we speak so come over now. After some negotiating Papa got the guy down to $1.10 a sqft for installation and they'd do it the next day. Hot damn! We were still giddy at our savings on the material so we reallocated the moolah to the installation. I have to say the guys that installed our floor did a fantastic job! I love it! I love having this project complete.
4) Finishing up the last few weeks of our Mother's Day Out program. We're making all the sweet and sentimental end of the year stuff that they'll keep until Mommy cleans out their room.
5) Registering Z-boy for...gulp!...Kindergarten. Even though I know the teachers and the school I'm still so anxious about next year. I will be leaving both of my boys 4 blocks away with someone other than family.
6) Getting my hair highlighted. I told the stylist to do what she thought was best. I was scared shitless with the results the first day, but I'm good now. I knew I had to do something drastic when I passed a window and wondered who the old, matronly looking gal was only to discover it was ME. I went to the salon the next day.
7) I came out of hiding on my online moms group. Not sure how I'm feeling about it all. I still feel fairly disconnected. I have a pretty strong real life community so I'm not really cultivating other friendships at a distance.
8) Watching all my DVR recordings. I do love sweeps month! Lost, Grey's Anatomy, CSI, Ghost Whisperer (yeah, I admit it) and Real Housewives of Orange County. Awesome!
9) Getting J-boy ready to have his tonsils out. We're going to the ENT this week. I'm very nervous.
10) Doing the overview for Scouts next year. It's a well oiled machine, but if you don't volunteer for something you get assigned something. That's never good. So next year we are in charge of the food drive and the cake auction. I still have to do the back-to-school swim party this year.
11) Getting ready for Z-boy's 5th birthday. The boy has BIG plans. We're having a Sponge Bob theme, but he wants Sonic presents. Mmmmkay.
12) Preparing the end of year goodie bags for Teacher's Aides, Kitchen Staff, Special Areas Teachers, Lunch Monitors, Nurses and Administrative Professionals. All of these people have been "celebrated" in the last three weeks. I. Am. So. Tired. And fresh out of creativity.
13) Selling some stuff on ebay. I have a ton of things that need to be auctioned off, but the task of getting it all prepared and loaded just seems to be too much for me right now.
Hopefully I can get a little more consistent letting you all into my life when school finished for the year. I'm so looking forward to the slower pace of summer. I want to hit every free pool in town. I was going to put J-boy in all sorts of things to keep him busy, but so far I've just registered him for two weeks of 3 hours per day of science camp. The rest of the time we're going to bug my neice at the pool she's life gurarding at this summer.