Saturday, September 17, 2005

Yet Another Getting-to-Know-You Game

1. Who was President of the Untied States when you were born? Nixon
2. Do you know what Day of the week you were born? Tuesday. What time of the day? 11:04 a.m.
3. Were you born at home? A hospital? The front seat of your parents car? Hospital.
4. Have you ever researched your family tree? No. I'm afraid of what I will find. Allow me to live in blissful ignorance for awhile longer.
5. How old where you when you first started school? 5, but I took Kindergarten twice.
6. Can you name a teacher from your years of attending grammar school? Mrs. Glover, Mr. Stamp, Mrs. Haste, Mr. Douglas, Ms. Custis, Mr. Stewart, Ms. Soine, and Mrs. Weaver. Anything after that is high school and I had lots of teachers.
7. How old were you when you developed your first crush on a boy/girl? I’m sure it was 3rd or 4th grade. What was his/her first name? Damned if I remember.
8. Did you graduate high school? Yes. Do you know the date of your graduation? May 26.
9. Did you attend college? Yes. Do you know the date of your graduation? August 12.
10. What was your first job? (Not counting babysitting). Collating papers for a project at Tracor, Inc., but I do believe that was cash off the record since I was 14 so RPJ was HEB.
11. Are you married? Yes. If so, how did you meet your spouse? At work. Was it love at first sight? No, he thought I was pest (though he’ll deny it).
12. How long did you date your spouse before the two you married? Two years before we got engaged and about 18 months engagement, so 3.5 years total. Yeah, that sounds about right.
13. What month of the year were you married in? January. Were you married in the morning? The afternoon? 4:30 p.m.
14. Were you married by the clergy, or did you have a civil ceremony? In the church.
15. Were you nervous during your wedding ceremony? Well, yeah.
16. After your wedding, did you and your spouse go away for a honeymoon? Yep, to Disney World.
17. Does your spouse get along with your mother? Yes. Your father? Yes.
18. Do you get along with your mother-in-law? Yes. Your father-in-law? Yes. They both drive me nuts sometimes, but then so do *my* parents.
19. Do you have any children? Yes. What are their ages? 6 and 4.
20. Do you live in a large city? A small town? The country? The beach? I live in a medium sized city.
21. Do you live in a house? An apartment? A condominium? A house trailer? I live in a house.
22. How many trees are there on the property where you live? 5 trees. How many buildings? One.
23. Do you have a "green" thumb when it comes to plants and flowers? No.
24. How many bedrooms are there in the place where you live? 4 How many floors? 1
25. How is your home decorated? Modern? Contemporary? Country? Early American? Modern Goodwill with just a hint of early Salvation Army.
26. Would you say your home is neat and tidy? A huge mess? Or some where in between? It’s “lived” in.
27. Do you own more than one vehicle? Yes, 2.
28. What is your occupation? Stay at home mom and part time 3-year old teacher & MDO administrator. Would you change it if you could? Not right now, but eventually I’d like to do something different that doesn't involve working directly with kids. I'd like to go back to accounting.
29. What is your spouse's occupation? He works for the State.
30. Do you have children in school? Yes.
31. Where did you and your family go on your last vacation? The beach.
32. Do you sew? Cross stitch? Embroider? Crochet? Knit? I can sew, but it’s not my thing really. 33. Do you play a musical instrument? Paint? Write poetry? Sculpt? Do crafts? I do paper crafts. I scrapbook and I make cards.
34. Do you have a good singing voice? In my own mind I’m rock star, but the people who hear me would strongly disagree.
35. Do you participate in any sports? Physical work? I chase 3-years olds and I walk with my friend a few times a week though we’ve been on hiatus.
36. Do you exercise regularly? If by regularly you mean when I think about it and have the inclination and time.
37. Do you like taking photographs of your family and friends? Oh, good Lord, yes! Are you good at it? My husband gets better shots, but I take more pictures.
36. Are you a good cook? What I make I make well, but I'm not exactly Julia Child.
37. Do you ever bake cookies? All the time. What is your favorite cookie? Chocolate chip with pecans.

Okay, let me know if you played.

The DHW

No comments: