Thursday, May 10, 2007

Trashiness

I'm making my friend, Anna's, trashy candy that she brought to Bunco awhile back. It's this concoction of Fritos, pretzels, peanut butter cups, butter and brown sugar. Rates really high on the heart-healthy foods. Lucky for me "heart" also has to do with comfort and this yumminess totally fits the bill.

-

-

So far, so good. I found I had a hard time with the chopping the pretzels and Fritos in the food processor. I got a bunch of whole pieces combines with snack dust. I'll have to work on that one.

-

-

I didn't have plain ol' chocolate chips so I used the caramel filled chocolate chips I had in the freezer (I'm bought them on clearance after Christmas). The carmel filled chips left the top a little more ooey-gooey than I liked. It made it harder to spread the melted chocolate so it could cool as a solid piece of chocolate. Also I think I undershot the brown sugar with melted butter ratio. It seemed that there was quite a bit of unrestrained corn chip and pretzel pieces about the pan.

This batch went to Papa's work and made a new batch with more butter, brown sugar and real chocolate chips. It was much better.

E

No comments: