Wednesday, May 23, 2007

How Does My Garden Grow? I Wish!

You speaking as preschool teacher (one of my many hats) I can say I've received my share of flowers and potted plants as thank you gifts. None of them compares to this one though.
-

-
(top view)

-
Those are gift card blooms. The other room parent, J, and I for Critter's class asked all the parents to give a gift card of any amount to any place (we gave a few suggestions). Then J bought a pot and I added silk flowers to the arrangement. We presented the whole ensemble to the Critter's teacher yesterday. She loved it! Of course.

I picked up the boys early on this last day of school. The Negotiator's teacher gave me GC for being room mom. Super sweet and totally unexpected. As I was leaving Critter's classroom his teacher pulled me aside and said, "I've really enjoyed getting to know you better this year and I hope you've come to consider me more of a friend than a teacher." I busted out crying. I am SO sappy.

Summer's on.

E
-

No comments: