Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day and Other Crazy Ideas

When is Mother's Day not Mother's Day? When you have a sick kid. Of course, having a sick wee one is what being a mom is all about. Poor Critter came home with a fever and a headache on Thursday and has been puny all weekend. Turns out many in his class are fighting this bug. I missed the family meal with Papa's side of the family so one of us could represent and one of us could serve as cootie master (that'd be me).

Sunday has been better all the way around. Critter seems to be fever-free and if he can stay that way he'll go to school tomorrow. He's definitely looking better and getting into trouble which is the real sign that he's on the mend.

We were able to go to my mom's house for lunch. GG - Grandpa Golf (that would be my mom's hubby and my step-dad) - made a fabulous lunch and drinks. I got to have a mango margarita, eat chips with salsa and talk to my mom. My mom asked that I make her cookies for Mom's Day.

-

-
Since I got a margarita from them I returned the favor. I cookies are rimmed in sugar crystals to look like salt. Next time I think I'll add a little bit of fresh lime to the icing just to give it a kick.

As for me I got my off the hook new iron/steam generator. One of the Hancock Fabric Stores is going out of business. Their loss is my gain. This is a $150 iron and it was marked for 70% off and the cashier gave me an extra 10%.
-


-
The box was crushed, the machine was dusty and it had been in the back of the store for quite awhile (it was an older model). Still I plugged her in and she fired right up. I walked out the door for about $40, happier than a pig in shit. Papa cleaned her up for me and she is a honey. So that was my Mother's Day gift along with the potted begonia that is really nice. It sits outside my home office and makes me smile.
-

-
Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

E

No comments: