Monday, August 28, 2006

My Pathetic Attempt At Self Entertainment

I haven’t been keeping up with my blog so my groups are the unfortunate recipients of my anecdotes.

I’m home by myself working on, or rather procrastinating about, getting out Cub Scout den meetings in order. Today was my day to knock it out. I have to inform our parents about the annual plan. Or at least refry the old crap. So what have I done about this task? Very little.

Oh, not that I’ve been sitting around eating bon bons and sipping mint juleps, mind you. I’ve mopped the floors, I’ve walked, taken a shower and put out the garbage. And while these are all very useful tasks, they get me no closer to my ONE goal for the day. As I’m clearing off the dining room table to make room for the books and binders that will allow me to complete this project I come across Papa’s birthday balloon. Weee! I read in my frugal-something-or-other that Mylar is great for wrapping small presents so I decided to take it apart and put it in the gift wrap container. I grab some scissors and cut off the end of the balloon with the string and wait…not all the helium is gone.

I take a hit.

“Did my voice change?” I ask myself in a Minnie Mouse tone.

Another hit.

“La la la la la la” I sing in the same squeaky voice.

Again.

“Near. Far. Where ever you are, I believe that the heart does go on…..”

Yes, I’m singing the theme song from Titanic hopped up on helium. It’s the middle of the day and I have a thousand and one things to do, but I’m amusing myself with this remake for an audience of three dogs.

-E

No comments: