Monday, October 17, 2005

A Collection of Gripes

Just a few things that have ticked me off lately. Now I must get these thoughts out of my mind and off my chest.

1. If you invite my family to dinner please order for yourself as well. Don't tell us "oh, I have food at home, I just wanted to see y'all eat". First, it makes us feel bad and second, we recognize a stab at martyrdom when we see it.

2. When driving, please do not pull in front of me while I'm chugging along at a good clip. Especially when the other 3 lanes are wide open for your use. If that conversation you're having on that cell phone is so important that you are simply unable to concentrate on two things at once let's focus on the driving, shall we? After all that vehicle you're in, when not used properly, is a deadly weapon.

3. If you let your child run around without shoes on a playground please do not be surprised when there is a foot injury. Now you know.

4. We have this handy dandy thing in our neck of the woods called Freecycle. Got some old junk to give away, post it on the list and maybe someone can grant it new life. If the donor picks you then you pick it up and all is right with the world. The idea is to promote reuse. You can post "wanted" items and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who'd love to oblige, however let's not get greedy or add the sob story. "I'm a single parent and need a washer and dryer. Please help." or "I'd like a new wardrobe for my child, name brands only please." Then there's the always popular "I'm a college student and need a new computer. Let me know if you have one you're not using." Yeah, buddy you and the 100, 000 other higher-education seekers in this six-college town. Think about it, do you really believe that Freecycle is a genie's lantern just waiting to grant you three wishes to come true?

5. Could someone tell my husband that if doesn't want our boys to use his guitar as a matchbox car garage, then he should put his guitar away. Preferably out of the boy's reach. Let me know if he listens to you more than me. I'd be shocked, but grateful.

I need a glass of wine to go with my whines.

Tah.

The DHW

1 comment:

Kami said...

No, you need cheese.