Thursday, November 23, 2006

It Ain't A Holiday Until Something Gets Broke

You know when you combine family all in the same house for extended period of time no good can come of it, right? I honestly thought this would be event that sent someone to the ER, but it wasn't. One of Papa's brothers broke the corkscrew while trying to remove the cork from a bottle of Pinot Grigio. Hmm, how do we get the cork out now? Oooh, this seems like a fine family project! NOT. So two minutes later, pliers in hand, the boys (let their ages in the categories of 20 to 40 make no never mind here, they are behaving like boys) set out to rescue this bottle.

Surprisingly they did get the cork out with nary a broken bone or dish. Honestly I so could have lived without that bottle of wine. I'm a White Zinfandel gal myself.

Not to let this holiday go without incident my 3-year-old niece is the one that ended up with the tribal markings. She was running out the door as The Negotiator was opening the door and when door meets forehead, well I think you know the rest of the sad, sad tale. She ended up with quite a gash on her right eyebrow and I got to relay the story of the scar on my forehead given to me by my cousin when I was her age.

Everything comes full circle.

-e

No comments: